Report Problems

Links and phone numbers to report problems.

Call Police for Emergencies: 9-1-1

Non-emergency 206.625.5011

When to call which number and other useful info

Report Online to the Seattle Police: and click the “File a Report” Quick Link.  This service will allow the public to file a report at a time that is best for them without having to wait for an officer to respond or call them back.

 Community Police Officer of the Seattle Police Department (ongoing problems)

Officer Brian Thomas   Hours: 6am-3pm

Reporting Suspected Drug Activity

Report Illegal Dumping

 Report abandoned vehicles: or  206.684.8763

 Report unsafe crossings:

 Report Graffiti:     206.684.7587

 Report broken street lights:   206.684.7056

Report potholes and sidewalk and road problems:   206.684.7508

Report various code violations such as vegetative overgrowth blocking sidewalks to Department of Planning and Development –  206.615.0808

 Report illegal parking in right of way or blocking sidewalks

Call DOT at 206.684.5283

Report Rodents

Seattle/King County Dept. of Health at 206.296.4699

 Report vehicles parked on parking strips:  Parking Enforcement at 206.386.9012

Report clean air violations   206.343.8800, ext. 6

File a complaint with Department of Planning and Development (DPD)

When you see unsafe conditions such as vacant and open buildings, weeds, shrubs, and trees growing into the street and walkways from private property, broken windows and locks or inoperable smoke alarms, exposed wiring, and sanitation problems in your rental home, junk and inoperable vehicles stored in yards, and businesses in residences that violate home occupation rules.

Use the online complaint form posted at

Call the DPD ViolationComplaint Line at 206.615.0808

Visit DPD Code Compliance in person: 700 Fifth Ave. Suite 1900

Write a letter to the office above at 700 Fifth Ave., Suite 2000, P.O Box 34019, Seattle 98124

Anonymous complaints may be made by phone.